Wireless Logic is a fast-growing leader in communications services for M2M and the Internet of Things. We are looking for a Network Architect to join our team to develop and enhance our managed service network to support the next wave of IOT device requirements (5G, LTE-M, NB-IOT, LoRA).
The Network Architect will act as design team lead and technical design authority for NetPro – our managed services network which provides connectivity services for well over a million mobile devices with connections into 30 mobile operators including our own Full MVNO and approx. 2000 customers.
Reporting to the CTO there will be opportunity to contribute to overall business strategy. You will take the lead in the design and implementation of the managed service network infrastructure and services provided to customers, together with associated security and operational policies and processes. It will be crucial to interact with key business stakeholders to ensure ongoing alignment with the business direction and objectives.
As team leader, the role will be also responsible for coaching and development of other support and design team members as well as leading project delivery.
Technical Experience & Skills
- Experience in developing, configuring, managing and supporting enterprise / service provider networks
- Demonstrated knowledge of network technologies through achievement of Cisco CCIE /JNCIE or equivalent expertise
- Experience of routing and switching and VPN protocols and technologies (BGP / OSPF / IS-IS / ECMP / STP / MPLS / VRF / IPSec / GRE / TLS)
- Extensive knowledge of Network Security, Threat Detection / Mitigation (Cisco ISE, DPI, Cisco ASA / Firepower)
Business / Leadership Experience & Skills
- Experience with design, implementation and operation of large-scale enterprise and or service provider network along with relevant controls to meet ISO 27001 and other relevant standards.
- Ability to interact effectively with senior business managers and C-level executives
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus amongst many stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to promote open communication and teamwork
Other Relevant Experience
- Experience in a similar network architecture role within a medium/large enterprise or as a consultant with demonstrable success in achieving improved performance, cost efficiency, and standardisation
- Experience with procurement of network services and oversight of managed service providers
- Familiar with mobile networks and associated technologies
- Experience of working with Diameter and Radius protocols
- Experience of working with international technical teams
- Knowledge of the Internet of Things or M2M communications
5+ years Enterprise / Service Provider Network Design / Management
Full time – 37.5 hours per week, with some out of hours to provide 3rd line support for critical issues and support project implementation
Occasional international travel may be required
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing organisation.
We are looking for someone who is ambitious and hardworking, with enthusiasm and a determination to succeed. The ideal candidate will be dynamic and flexible with a practical, roll your sleeves up attitude and an ability to get things done.
How to apply for this role
To apply for this role, please submit your CV with a compelling covering letter and send to our HR team. Or complete the form.