Wireless Logic is a fast-growing leader in communications services for M2M and the Internet of Things (IoT). We are looking for an experienced, energetic, professional and focused individual to implement an effective marketing function for Wireless Logic. This strategically important role will identify, develop and implement the marketing plan.
Reporting to the Group CRO, the main responsibility of the CMO will be to identify, develop and implement the marketing plan in line with Wireless Logic’s company objectives, to drive revenue and business growth. This will include competitive analysis / market intelligence, segmentation, prospecting, lead generation, product and market development, pricing, communications and budgets, sales force effectiveness, strategic planning and revenue retention and growth. The ultimate objective for this role is to implement an effective marketing function at Wireless Logic which is aligned to best practice methods, and the key growth engine of the business as it scales and meets the value creation plan. The CMO will not only be responsible for establishing a marketing function, they will also determine the optimal direction for marketing and communications, redefining as needed to ensure that it is set up for future success.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be the face of Marketing to the Executive team and work in collaboration with leaders.
- Build on the market analysis work already done by our internal team and PE house to build a clear picture of how the company’s proposition should evolve and be communicated. Work closely with the sales team to ensure that marketing is providing the right data, and that the appropriate feedback loops are in place.
- Setting strategy (proposition development, segmentation, channels, pricing and messaging) and delivering best-in-class execution, ensuring that the marketing plan and activities are in line with the objectives of the company.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns supported by our Marketing Agencies with a focus on driving sales growth and maximising customer retention ensuring a relentless focus on maximising ROI, requiring ongoing and proactive testing and optimisation of channels, using an analytical and data-driven approach, ensuring that the marketing mix is optimised at all times across channels (both on- and offline), attributed correctly and delivers against the business’ growth and ROI objectives.
- Align marketing closely with sales, product, innovation and technology teams to ensure that Wireless Logic’s product suite resonates with the target market, and that every aspect of the user journey is optimised, ensuring that every consumer receives the best experience.
- Oversee the full customer life-cycle across all segments, ensuring that Wireless Logic achieves its ambitious customer acquisition, retention, VCP and revenue targets.
To be successful in this rewarding but demanding role, it is likely you will have the following background:
- Previous experience in a senior marketing role preferably CMO or equivalent within the Tech / IOT industry or in a B2B setting.
- A track record of implementing, building and leading a value adding marketing function and capability in a high-growth, technology-led B2B brand.
- Experience of developing and managing a small marketing team and delivering exceptional results in a best-in-class environment.
- Highly analytical with a clear ability to develop an end to end KPI dashboard to measure customer acquisition, and retention.
- Experience of operating in a high-growth environment and understand the complexity and challenges of navigating a marketing function through this phase of its lifecycle.
- Demonstrates both intellectual and strategic thinking, combined with a relentless focus on execution and delivery. A strategic mind-set, yet also able to adopt a hands-on approach, and be close to the detail.
- Highly resourceful and pragmatic, finds a way to get to the right answer adopting a solution based approach.
- Able to push the boundaries with innovative proposition development and brand initiatives. Will have a proven experience of successfully designing and launching partner propositions. Highly customer-focused across all touch points and approaches proposition development and the wider marketing activities with a freshness, edge, and an appetite to ensure that Wireless Logic remains the industry leader.
- Strong commercial background and comfortable with technology, staying ahead of the latest marketing platforms and trends with the ability to use this knowledge to help shape the operational and strategic marketing strategy.
- Commercial leader – you will have a solid understanding of the best marketing tools and use this knowledge to inform the marketing strategy within reasonable budgets.
- Customer focused – you will be able to consistently optimise the customer lifecycle through listening to customer feedback and identifying customer needs – both internally and externally.
- Strategic influencer – you will be a strategic thinker with the ability to effectively influence at all levels.
- Change driver – you will have previous experience of supporting transformation within a similar entrepreneurial, high growth business context.
- Team player – you will be happy to integrate into a well-established leadership team and will be adept at building great relationships with your peers and other stakeholders.
Founded in 1999, Wireless Logic Group is Europe’s leading independent M2M and IoT connectivity platform provider.The organisation works with application providers, systems integrators and enterprises delivering a range of services including management and monitoring software platforms, a cloud-based private network infrastructure as well as specialist mobile, satellite, fixed line and low power radio connectivity.
All services operate across a single unified technology platform and are designed to meet the specific needs of connected assets within the global markets of Machine to Machine (M2M) and the Internet of Things (IoT). Continuous investment in technology enables Wireless Logic to provide an increasing range of value-added products which include specialist mapping from Google and HERE, device management platforms, security encryption services and end-to-end managed hardware solutions. The organisation is ISO 9001 Quality Management certified.
Horizontally positioned, Wireless Logic works with hundreds of vertical applications – These include asset and vehicle tracking, telematics, smart city, security, retail, healthcare and a range of enterprise solutions. Connected devices through Wireless Logic exceed 3.1 million SIM subscriptions with multiple European mobile networks. The breadth of connectivity options gives customers an unrivalled choice across Europe but with a global reach.
This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and growing organisation.
We are looking for someone who is ambitious and hardworking, with enthusiasm and a determination to succeed. The ideal candidate will be dynamic and flexible with a practical, roll your sleeves up attitude and an ability to get things done.
How to apply for this role
To apply for this role, please submit your CV with a compelling covering letter and send to our HR team. Or complete the form.